PABI 2019 Ice Classic
Make your carefully researched prediction…
The Ice Classic buoy is freshly painted and in place on Paradise Bay next to the ferry dock. So, the clock is now running on your chance to have some fun and help support PABI by entering the 2019 Ice Classic. All you need to do to win is make the best prediction of the date and time this spring that the Ice Classic buoy will fall through the ice. Tickets to enter your carefully researched and scientifically supported prediction are just $5 each or six for $20. The entrant that makes the best prediction of when the tower goes through the ice will receive half of the entry fees. The other half goes to support your Community Center and WVBI.
Your research can begin by having a look of the record of past winners shown below. The rest of your prediction science we leave to you. Entry forms are available at the BIC Center. Entries may be submitted by U.S. Mail to the BIC Center or by handing your completed ticket to any PABI board member or to any BIC Center staff member at the BIC Center. Entries must be received at the BIC Center before the tower goes through to be eligible to win. PABI will determine the time the tower falls through the ice and its determination will be final. PABI Board members, PABI officers, and BIC Center staff are not eligible to win. Any taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Special thanks to Ron Wojan who once again refurbished the tower and hauled it out onto the ice topped with our new island flag.
Information on past winners
Perhaps the following information will be of use to you:
- 2018 6:15 PM April 23 — The winner collected about $400
- 2017 11:22 AM April 13 — The winners (two) split $435
- 2016 No ice
- 2015 3:40 PM April 15 — The winner collected $432.50
- 2014 11:01 AM April 28 — The winner collected $527.25
- 2013 12:18 PM April 11 — The winner collected $700
- 2012 No Ice
- 2011 12:20 PM April 10th — The winner collected over $1,046
- 2010-4:10 PM March 18—The winner collected over $700.00
- 2009-1:58 PM April 9, 2009—The winner collected over $1,100
- 2008-11.34 PM on April 8—-The winner collected over $1,200
- 2007- 2:52 PM on March 28th —The winner collected Over $1,200
- 2006- 8:29 PM on March 29th—The winner collected Over $600
The rest is up to you. You can check Wikipedia, consult with climate scientists, consult a fortune teller, roll some dice or ask the Beaver Island Pirate.