Here at the BIC Center and WVBI we’re looking forward to warmer temps and sunny days! The Center is open 9-4 daily weekdays and noon to 9 Saturdays. Our concession stand is serving food, the Hangout is open for guests and we have movies on Saturdays at 4pm and 7pm. Don’t forget Pickleball on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1-3pm and Arthritis exercise class on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 10:30 to 11:30.With COVID-19 safety precautions in mind we’re also planning for summer! Here’s just a short list of upcoming events:
- Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 3, 2021 from 03:00 pm to 05:00 pm. Brought to you by the Beaver Island AMVETs and the Beaver Island Community Center.
- Beaver Island Birding Trail – Memorial Weekend – Saturday, May 29, 2021 and Sunday, May 30, 2021. Brought to you by the Beaver Island Association and the Beaver Island Community Center.
- Lilacs & Lyrics – Saturday, June 12, 2021 to Sunday, June 13, 2021- location to be announced. Brought to you by the Beaver Island Chamber of Commerce, the Beaver Island Music Festival and the Beaver Island Community Center.
- Preservation Association of Beaver Island Summer Solstice Dinner – Sunday, June 20, 2021 from 06:00 pm.
- Dave Bennett Quartet – Saturday, June 26, 2021 from 08:00 pm. Brought to you by the Beaver Island Community Center.
Check out our Community Calendar for full details on each of these events, including how to purchase tickets, locations, contact information and more! Whether you’ve been away for a day or away for the winter, we look forward to seeing you back at your Beaver Island Community Center.
What’s at the BIC Center?
Ray & Ann Stanhope Visitor Center
The Ray & Ann Stanhope Visitor Center is a great place to get information, grab a snack, connect to Wi-Fi and kick off your island adventure. It’s also home to the island’s community radio station…our very own WVBI-The Voice of Beaver Island.
BIC Center Theater
The BIC Center Theater is the premier performance space on the island hosting music of all genres, dance, theater productions, movies, seminars and community meetings.
Deerwood Lodge Hangout
Deerwood Lodge Hangout upstairs offers an informal gathering place for meetings, reading, pool, foosball, board games, video games, TV, using our community PCs and printer, and … just hanging out.
Coming to the BIC Center Theater…
You can help us deliver quality community events and entertainment at the BIC Center and on WVBI by making a contribution.