Kennedy’s Kitchen is here this week at the BIC Center to kick off our 10th season of live music at your Community Center. They’ll get things underway Thursday at 8 with music in the island’s heritage style: All things Irish. They come to the island with rave reviews from every place they’ve performed all over the Midwest and beyond. Tickets are available now at the BIC Center front desk. $25, $10 for students.
We’re also excited to announce our full main event schedule for the summer of 2018. Coming up this summer in the Robert Gillespie Memorial Theater and your Beaver Island Community Center:
- June 14 – Kennedy’s Kitchen
- June 21 – PABI Summer Solstice Dinner
- June 22 – BIHS WaterWays Exhibit Launch Event
- June 30 – The Dave Bennett Quartet
- July 1 – 10th Anniversary Birthday Party at the BIC Center
- July 5 – CMU Summer Theater: Self Help
- July 6 – CMU Summer Theater: The Great Kooshog Lake Hollie McCauley Fishing Derby
- July 12 – PABI Summer Gala
- July 16 – The Fitzgeralds
- July 18 – BIHS Antiques Road Show
- July 21 – Mulebone
- July 24 – The Moxie Strings
- July 27 – Baroque on Beaver Gala Benefit with Interlochen Center for the Arts’ Matthew Cochran on Guitar
- July 28 – Baroque on Beaver Gala Benefit Concert with Pianist Kevin Cole
- August 10 – Trina Hamlin and her Band
- August 18 – King Strange
- August 31 – The Way Down Wanderers
Plus, watch for movies every weekend we don’t have a Saturday evening event as well as our regular exercise, yoga and computer help sessions.
And speaking of movies, we have two more great ones this weekend. Our Saturday matinee at 3 is Sherlock Gnomes. Garden gnomes, Gnomeo & Juliet, recruit renowned detective Sherlock Gnomes to investigate the mysterious disappearance of other garden ornaments. At 7, The Disaster Artist will be on the big screen. When Greg Sestero, an aspiring film actor, meets the weird and mysterious Tommy Wiseau in an acting class, they form a unique friendship and travel to Hollywood to make their dreams come true. It’s rated R, so no one under 18 without a parent or written parental consent.
It’s going to be a busy, fun-filled 10th Anniversary summer at your Beaver Island Community Center–where island adventures begin.