We are thrilled to announce our Celebrate Summer 2020 events at the BIC Center. And, to help you plan your summer on the island, let us remind you we’ve listed all of these BIC Center events along with all of the other island summer events we know about in the WVBI-BIC Center Discover Beaver Island Summer Calendar. Just click here to see it.
As for events at the BIC Center, once again we have a summer chock full of activities including theater; live music from country to celtic, jazz to folk to and rock to classic; movies on Tuesdays, Saturdays and rainy days; exercise classes; art & craft sales…and more. There is something for everyone at the BIC Center. Here are the major events:
- Our Town (a play by Thornton Wilder) [May 1 &2 at 7 p.m] presented by the Beaver Island Community Players as part of Our Town, Our Island Month
- Our Town Community Celebration [May 9] presented with support from the National Endowment for the Arts as part of Our Town, Our Island Month
- PARC Early Concerts [June 10 &13 at 7:30 p.m.] presented in cooperation with Patrons of the Arts in Rural Communities (artists to be announced)
- PABI Summer Solstice Dinner [June 20 at 6 p.m.] presented by PABI to thank our BIC Center and WVBI donors and volunteers
- Sustainability Fair Seminar [June 26] presented by the Beaver Island Sustainability Fair & Conference
- Dave Bennett Quartet [June 27 at 8 p.m.] presented by the BIC Center with special support from Naren and Nishta Bhatia
- Sylvia (a comedy by by A.R. Gurney) [July 2 at 8 p.m.] presented by CMU University Theater and the BIC Center
- Red Herring (a comedy by Michael Hollinger) [July 3 at 8 p.m.] presented by CMU University Theater and the BIC Center
- Summer GALA 2020 [July 15 at 6 p.m.] including a live auction, silent auction and fine dining presented by PABI as its premiere summer fund raiser
- Aoife Scott Band [July 19 at 8 p.m.] presented by PARC and the BIC Center
- Kevin Cole in Concert on the Hamlin Grand [July 24 7:30 p.m.] fundraiser presented as part of Baroque on Beaver by Beaver Island Cultural Arts Association with support from the BIC Center
- Bach & Beethoven Ensemble [July 25 at 7:30 p.m.] fundraiser presented as part of Baroque on Beaver by Beaver Island Cultural Arts Association with support from the BIC Center
- RFD Boys [August 22 at 8:00 p.m.] presented by the BIC Center
- Claudia Schmidt & Sally Rogers [ September 4 at 7:30 p.m.] presented by the BIC Center
In addition to these events, look for Yoga, Tai Chi, Arthritis Foundation and other exercise classes in the morning, Tuesday and Saturday movies (when other events aren’t scheduled), Art in the Harbor on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and special events for the Beaver Island Irish Feile and Bite of Beaver. Tickets for ticket events will go on sale at the BIC Center Front desk on April 1.
In the meantime, our winter events continue. Pickleball on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10 to noon, the Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Games Galore on Thursdays from 1 to 4 p.m. and movies every Saturday with shows at 4 and 7 p.m. For the last week of Feruary, we conclude our Holly Classic Matinee month with Breakfast at Tiffany’s at 4. Then, at 7 it’s the award winning film The Nightingale. Our March lineup is laid out in the adjoining grid of posters for each show.
Looking for lunch on town on Tuesdays when everything else is closed? We have our world-famous Nathan’s Dogs with the fixings to make it your own (chips included) for just $5 plus pretzels, sweets and popcorn. Call in advance and we’ll try to have your dog ready when you get to the BIC Center. Our concession stand is open all day Saturday, too, for our movies and for your convenience while in town.
Want to keep up on community events? Listen to WVBI’s Community Calendar weekdays after global news from FSN at 9 a.m., noon, 3 and 6 p.m. If you miss it, go to WVBI’s website and click on Podcasts. Or check out the on-line right here.
We look forward to seeing you at your Beaver Island Community Center.